Crock Pot - Almond Chicken
This is not the same dish you get at a Chinese restaurant that is stir-fried, however, it is a wonderful, easy version from your Crock Pot. And it's nice to know how to get some ethnic flavors out of that old pot.
- 1 can chicken broth 14 oz.
- 1 slice bacon diced
- 2 T butter
- 1 lbs boned chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- 1 1/2 C diagonally sliced celery
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 lbs mushrooms of your choice sliced
- 3 T soy sauce
- hot, fluffy rice for serving
- 2/3 C slivered almonds toasted – sliced scallions for garnish
Pour chicken broth into Crock-Pot. Cover and turn to High while browning meats & vegetables.
In skillet, heat bacon & butter; add chicken pieces and brown quickly on all sides. With slotted spoon, remove browned chicken to Crock-Pot. Quickly saute celery, onion & mushrooms in skillet until just slightly limp.
Add contents of skillet to Crock-Pot with soy sauce; stir well. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
Serve over hot fluffy rice and garnish with toasted almonds & sliced scallions.