Artichoke & Spinach Bread Pudding
- 1-1 1/2 lb fresh spinach
- 16 oz artichoke hearts cleaned & quartered & cooked
- 9 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese 4 oz.
- 1 C shredded Cheddar cheese 4 oz.
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C shredded Romano cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 C day-old French bread cubed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large saucepan, bring 1/2” of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until welted. Drain well! Chop if needed.
In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, eggs, cream, cheeses and salt & pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13” x 9” baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove dish from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.