Apple, Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes with Honey Citrus Dressing
Recipe Courtesy of Mei Ibach Santa Rosa Junior College Culinary Arts
- 5 assorted apples - cut into fine julienne granny smith, red delicious, Fuji, Gala or Braeburn,
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut into halved
- 2 lemon cucumber thinly sliced of julienne
- 1 English or Romania cucumber thinly sliced or julienne
- ½ cup sweet onion coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted peanut or almond nuts
Honey Citrus Dressing:
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t minced fresh chilies
- 1 t flora honey
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 3 T fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 t rice vinegar or Verjus wine
Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
In a salad bowl, combine the apples, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, basil, mint, cilantro leaves and toss with the honey citrus dressing. Sprinkle the peanut or almond to top.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.