Kids Dig It - Veggie, Apple, Hummus Sandwich
- 2 slices multi-grain or whole wheat bread of your choice
- 1 T hummus of your choice
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices of any apple you like – get Gravenstein’s in Aug./Sept. at the Market
- 1/2 C shredded carrot
- 1/2 C shredded cucumber
- 1 slice of Spring-Hill Sharp Cheddar cheese or your choice
- 1 t honey mustard optional
Spread hummus evenly on both slices of bread, top with lettuce, apple, carrot, cucumber, cheese and honey mustard on one slice of the bread, place the other slice of bread on top to complete the sandwich. Cut in half and serve.
NOTE: You can substitute the lettuce with spinach or salad greens. You can use your favorite veggies like tomato, sweet bell peppers, avocado, zucchini, summer squash, sliced radishes. Try fresh, sweet, uncooked, corn cut off the cob (it’s delicious). If you haven’t tried fresh, sweet, uncooked corn off the cob … give it a try … it’s wonderful in salads, on sandwiches, in scrambled eggs, etc.