This recipe came from one of the kids in the Kidz Dig It Club at the Windsor Farmers Market and was made and served on Sunday, June 29, 2014. From the looks of the crowd they had .... everyone enjoyed the SUMMERY FRUIT PARFAITS. And, the best part is that kids learn that eating healthy can also be very delicious.
Adults will also LOVE this recipe - cooling, refreshing, wonderful!
*2 cups plain/vanilla yogurt
*1 cup granola
*4 cups fresh fruit
*1 cup fresh whipped cream
Fruits to use: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, stone fruits such as peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, apricots.
1. Whip the cream using a hand blender or the “shake it up” method. Chill whipping cream until ready for use.
2. Slice the fruit, if needed.
3. Line up parfait glasses or other tall glasses.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt, smooth the surface.
5. Spoon 2 tablespoons berries/fruit, and repeat till all are used.
6. Chill and serve with granola and shipping cream.
A variety of berries and stone fruits are available all summer long at the Windsor Certified Farmer’s Market. Thursdays 5:00-8:00pm and Sundays 10:00am to 1:00pm. Come join the Kidz Dig It Club’s Free Activities – where kids learn to play with their food!